Risk management has always been at the core of what we do. EnCap controls the boards of virtually all of our portfolio companies. When we evaluate a management team, we look for professionals who have proven track records, extensive operational backgrounds and deep expertise in incorporating environmental, regulatory and health and safety concerns into their business decisions. While we are in frequent dialogue with our portfolio companies, we require them to report and discuss ESG matters at each of our quarterly board meetings.
EnCap and our employees have a long philanthropic history. We consider this an important part of our ESG efforts and are committed to making a meaningful impact in our communities.
As we look ahead, we are excited about the opportunity set for energy investments. Billions of people around the world do not have access to affordable energy. We expect the demand for energy to continue to grow and improve the quality of life for people around the globe. The challenge we face as an industry is to meet this demand while reducing overall emissions. EnCap is committed to being best in class in terms of returns for our investors and ESG performance.
EnCap's ESG Principles
- Maximize value for investors while minimizing our environmental impact
- Believe that supplying low-cost energy and minimizing emissions are important responsibilities of energy operators
- Collecting standardized data is critical for improvement
- Take pride in attracting talented employees and providing them an environment to grow and succeed
- Focused on an inclusive and respectful work environment
- In our operations, we strive for best industry practices regarding health and safety, which allow us to maximize value when we sell our companies
- Engaged in our local communities
- Our strategy starts with a strong foundation of governance and ethics
- Risk management is fundamental to our business — EnCap controls the board of virtually all of our companies
- ESG is discussed at quarterly board meetings
- Longstanding commitment to conducting our business with integrity